COVID-19 FIRE INSPECTION MODIFIED GUIDELINES
In an effort to protect the general public and the employees of all Marin County Fire Agencies, and reflective of the Shelter in Place Order (SIP) issued April 29, 2020 by the Health Officer of the County of Marin, requests for all non-essential fire inspections were previously suspended.
AS OF MAY 4TH 2020, THE TERM “SUSPENSION” WILL BE CHANGED TO “MODIFIED”
The intent of this modification is to respect the county order to shelter in place, limit personal contact and exposure, and to slow the spread of COVID-19 to the maximum extent possible.
The following fire inspections will be evaluated and scheduled on a case by case basis:
- Starting May 4, 2020, construction inspections including verification of project scope (close-in), fire protection systems inspections, vegetation management/defensible space, photovoltaic, generator, ESS/battery systems, and final fire construction inspections may be eligible for Inspection.
- Also eligible are investigation and/or inspection of reported hazardous conditions that impact fire protection systems or conditions that reflect a threat to life safety. Persons reporting a hazardous condition shall email the local fire agency (see reverse for contact information) with a request to investigate. The request shall include the reporting party’s name, address and phone number, and a brief narrative of the issue and photos or videos (when possible).
The following shall be REQUIRED prior to scheduling and receiving an inspection:
All projects shall meet the Project Safety Protocols outline in the revised Shelter In Place Order effective May 4, 2020. Please review the following appendices prior to scheduling your inspection as failure to comply may result in the cancelation of the inspection as determined by the Inspecting Authority.
- Contact Fire Prevention 72 hours in advance at (415) 435-7207 to request an inspection.
- You are required to contact Tiburon Fire District if at anytime, jobsite personnel or residents become COVID-19 symptomatic, test positive or are hospitalized.
- All jobsite personnel or residents shall vacate the occupancy 30 minutes prior to the inspection.
- Minimize interactions and maintain social distancing with fire inspectors, and others detail in Appendix B-1 (2:ax) or Appendix B-2 (2:f:vi).
- All jobsite personnel shall use PPE per Appendix B-1 (2:j) and Appendix B-2 (2:c).
- All doors and windows shall be opened, and all HVAC systems shut down.
- Plans, permit documents (including job card) shall be laid out and available inside the building.
- For more information, please email Deputy Fire Marshal Mike Lantier at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 531-3883.
Please note we reserve the right to cancel, suspend, or limit inspections at anytime based on changes and updates to State and County shelter orders.
For the most up to date information regarding COVID-19/Coronavirus, please see https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/